After opening 2019 with a pair of street video games, the Husker males’s basketball workforce returns to Pinnacle Financial institution Area Thursday night to tackle the Penn State Nittany Lions. A restricted variety of returned tickets, if out there, might be on sale at the PBA Field Workplace starting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday and on Huskers.com/Tickets.
Tipoff is about for Eight:05 p.m. (central) and the matchup will probably be televised nationally on ESPN2 with Jason Benetti and Robbie Hummel on the decision. Thursday’s recreation will even be out there on ESPN.com, in addition to the ESPN app with cable authentication.
Followers can comply with all the motion throughout the state of Nebraska on the IMG Husker Sports activities Community with Kent Pavelka and Jake Muhleisen on the decision. The sport may even be out there on Huskers.com, on the Huskers app, on TuneIn Radio and the TuneIn Radio app and on XM radio. The pregame present begins one hour previous to tipoff on most of the Husker Sports activities Community associates (affiliate record on web page 7 of the sport notes).
The Huskers (11-Four, 1-Three Huge Ten) look to bounce again after a 93-84 loss at No. 25 Iowa on Sunday. Senior Isaac Copeland had a season-high 24 factors to steer 4 Huskers in double figures, however the Hawkeyes received a robust efficiency from Jordan Bohannon, who scored 22 of his 25 factors within the second half. Iowa additionally went 10-of-22 from Three-point vary and 29-of-32 from the foul line, whereas Nebraska shot simply Four-of-23 from lengthy vary towards the Hawkeyes.
Nebraska will look to sharpen its concentrate on the defensive finish, as its final two opponents shot a mixed 46 % from the ground and averaged 83.5 factors per recreation after the Huskers entered January permitting simply 37 % capturing and 57.Eight ppg.
Nebraska hopes a return to Pinnacle Financial institution Area will present a spark, as Nebraska goes for a school-record 20th straight home win on Thursday night time. It’s the fourth-longest streak within the nation getting into this week’s motion and the longest by an influence convention program. A win towards the Nittany Lions would match the streak set by the 1965-66 and 1966-67 squads.
Penn State (7-Eight, Zero-Four Huge Ten) appears to bounce again following a 71-52 loss to Wisconsin on Sunday. Lamar Stevens led PSU with 22 factors, however was the one Nittany Lion in double figures. Stevens is among the many Massive Ten’s prime performers, averaging a team-high 18.9 factors and eight.1 rebounds per recreation.
Eight.5 – Nebraska leads the Massive Ten with Eight.5 steals per recreation, as all 5 starters common at least a steal per recreation. As a workforce, Nebraska has not averaged Eight.Zero steals per recreation because the 2007-08 season (Eight.Four spg).
NUMBERS TO KNOW
1.44 – Nebraska’s assist-to-turnover ratio, which is on tempo to be among the best marks in class historical past. Final season, NU had a 1.23-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio. Each Glynn Watson Jr. and Thomas Allen presently have higher than Three.Zero-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratios.
13 – Variety of 20-point video games for Husker gamers in 2018-19. James Palmer Jr. has eight whereas Isaac Copeland Jr. (three), Glynn Watson Jr. (one) and Isaiah Roby (one) additionally loved 20-point video games. Sunday’s recreation was the second time in 2018-19 with a number of 20-point video games (Copeland Jr. 24; Palmer Jr. 20).
79.9 – Nebraska present scoring common which is the very best after 15 video games because the 1995-96 group averaged 87.5 ppg in that very same time-frame.
20.1 – Scoring common for James Palmer Jr. The senior is bidding to turn into the primary Husker since Tyronn Lue (1997-98) to common 20 factors per recreation.
SCOUTING PENN STATE
Beneath eighth-year coach Patrick Chambers, Penn State involves Lincoln trying to snap a two-game dropping streak. The Nittany Lions, who went 26-13 and gained the NIT in 2018, returned three starters from yr in the past, however have been pressured to make use of a number of lineups through the first half of the season. Penn State handed No. 9 Virginia Tech its solely lack of the yr and has battled nationally ranked Michigan and Indiana. In Sunday’s loss to Wisconsin, the Nittany Lions shot simply 38 % and dedicated 16 turnovers which led to 19 Wisconsin factors.
Senior ahead Lamar Stevens has been the one fixed for Penn State, as he leads the Nittany Lions in each scoring (18.9 ppg) and rebounding (Eight.1 rpg). Stevens has been in double figures in all 15 video games, together with seven 20-point efforts, and has six double-doubles. He had 22 factors in Sunday’s recreation towards Wisconsin. Junior Mike Watkins returns on the inside and is averaging 7.5 factors and seven.6 rebounds per recreation whereas capturing 57 % from the sector. Senior Josh Reaves is among the premier defensive gamers within the Massive Ten, as he leads the convention in steals at 2.5 per recreation whereas additionally main Penn State in assists (Three.Three apg). Freshmen Rasir Bolton (13.1 ppg) and Myles Dread (Eight.1 ppg) present further offensive output.
Thursday’s recreation is the 18th assembly between the Huskers and Nittany Lions, and Penn State holds a 9-Eight benefit. Since Nebraska joined the Huge Ten, the Huskers are 7-7 towards the Nittany Lions (7-5 in common season; Zero-2 in Huge Ten Event). The groups performed 3 times earlier than Nebraska joined the Massive Ten, a home-and-home collection in 1980 and 1981 and within the second spherical of the 1995 NIT. Nebraska is 7-1 in Lincoln all-time towards the Nittany Lions.
LAST MEETING VS. PENN STATE
Isaac Copeland recorded a double-double with 17 factors and 12 rebounds, and Nebraska led wire-to-wire, defeating Penn State 76-64 within the 2017-18 regular-season finale. Copeland led 4 Huskers in double figures, as Isaiah Roby scored 13 factors and added seven boards whereas Glynn Watson Jr. and James Palmer Jr. each tallied 11 factors.
Nebraska took management with a 17-Three run, turning a one-point recreation right into a 25-10 cushion and led by double figures the remainder of the best way. Jordy Tshimanga had six of his eight factors in an 11-Zero spurt, as he and Copeland mixed to outscore the Nittany Lions, 18-17, within the opening 20 minutes. Nebraska led by as many as 21 within the second half in posting its sixth straight win over PSU in Lincoln.
LAST TIME OUT
Isaac Copeland scored a season-high 24 factors, however it was not sufficient as No. 24 Nebraska misplaced a battle of top-25 groups Sunday night time, falling to No. 25 Iowa, 93-84, at Carver-Hawkeye Area.
Nebraska dropped to 11-Four on the season and 1-Three within the Massive Ten after dropping back-to-back video games for the primary time this season. Iowa (12-Three, 1-Three Huge Ten) picked up its first convention victory by scoring 93 factors, probably the most Nebraska has allowed this season.
The three-point line was a significant factor, as Iowa made six extra threes than the Huskers. Nebraska hit two of its first 4 Three-pointers however missed 17 of its ultimate 19 makes an attempt, connecting on simply Four-of-23 from past the arc on the sport. Whereas the Huskers struggled to seek out their vary, Iowa was 10-of-22 from the Three-point line, along with going 29-of-32 at the free-throw line. Nebraska made three extra subject objectives and had 5 fewer turnovers than Iowa, however Iowa out-rebounded Nebraska by 9.
Copeland scored his 24 factors in solely 30 minutes, and he added six rebounds. James Palmer Jr. added 20 factors and 4 assists, whereas Isaiah Roby hit Eight-of-10 photographs from the ground to complete with 17 factors and 9 rebounds. Thomas Allen rounded out the quartet of Huskers in double figures with 10 factors to go together with 4 rebounds and 4 assists.
- Nebraska seems to match a faculty report, because the Huskers go for their 20th straight home win on Thursday towards Penn State. The Huskers’ 19 straight home wins courting again to Dec. 20, 2017 is the fourth-longest lively streak within the nation and longest by an influence convention program. A win on Thursday would match a 20-game streak set between 1965 and 1967.
- As of the Jan. 6 NET, Nebraska has performed eight video games towards groups within the prime two quadrants, tied for 10th nationally. Of the 9 groups who’ve performed extra, the Huskers will play six of them in the course of the season (Illinois, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue and Seton Corridor).
- The Massive Ten is nicely represented within the newest NET launched on Jan. 6, as 10 groups are ranked within the prime 40, together with six groups within the prime 22 (Michigan-Three; Michigan State-7; Nebraska-15; Wisconsin-17; Indiana-20; Purdue-22). In all, 12 of the 14 Huge Ten groups are within the prime 75 nationally.
- All 4 of Nebraska’s losses are to groups both ranked or receiving votes on this week’s nationwide polls.
- The Huskers’ 11-Four mark is its greatest 15-game document because the 2010-11 staff opened the yr with a 13-2 mark after 15 video games.
- The Huskers are averaging 79.9 factors per recreation, which is third within the Huge Ten and NU’s highest scoring common after 15 video games because the 1995-96 season (87.5 ppg). Through the earlier six seasons beneath Head Coach Tim Miles, NU’s highest common after 15 video games was 75.Eight ppg set final season.
- Nebraska’s offense ranks within the top-25 nationally in a trio of classes, together with turnovers per recreation (10.Four, 11th), turnover margin (+Four.Eight, 12th) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.43, 21st).
- NU has dedicated 10 or fewer turnovers in eight of the final 10 contests courting again to Nov. 24. On the season, the Huskers’ 4 main ball handlers (Glynn Watson Jr., Thomas Allen, James Palmer Jr. and Amir Harris) have mixed 2.1-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- Nebraska is certainly one of six groups in Division I ranked within the prime 25 nationally in area aim protection, Three-point protection and scoring protection via Jan. 6, an inventory which additionally consists of Virginia, Texas Tech, Houston, San Francisco and VCU.
- The Huskers completed non-conference motion with a 10-1 mark, together with wins over Seton Corridor, Clemson, Creighton and Oklahoma State. It marked simply the fourth time since World Warfare II that the Huskers completed non-conference play with one loss (10-1, 2003-04; 12-1, 1991-92; and 11-1, 1977-78).
- Glynn Watson Jr. comes into the Penn State recreation in 17th place on NU’s profession scoring listing with 1,236 factors. He’s 19 factors shy of passing Chuck Jura (1,255) for 16th place on NU’s scoring record. Watson can also be two steals shy of sixth place on NU’s steals record (Brian Carr, 159).
- Isaiah Roby enters Thursday’s recreation in 10th place on NU’s profession blocked shot record with 109 and can tie Jorge Brian Diaz for ninth together with his first block. He’s additionally 4 blocks shy of eighth on NU’s profession listing (Wes Wilkinson, 113).
- James Palmer Jr. has scored 20+ factors in 5 of Nebraska’s final six video games courting again to Dec. Eight. He has eight 20-point video games this season, matching his profession complete in 105 video games getting into this yr.
- Sunday’s loss was simply fourth time in 40 video games underneath Nebraska Coach Tim Miles the place the Huskers scored at least 80 factors and misplaced. NU had gained its final 14 video games courting again to the 2016-17 season when scoring at least 80 factors.
HUSKER OFFENSE GETS INTO HIGH GEAR
Nebraska comes into the Penn State recreation averaging 79.9 factors per recreation after averaging 72.Three factors per recreation final yr. NU has scored at least 70 factors in 13 of 15 contests, together with seven video games of at least 80 factors.
- Nebraska is 10th nationally in offensive effectivity in accordance with KenPom by way of Jan. Three. Within the KenPom period, solely the 2003-04 group (25th) ranked within the top-50 nationally in offensive effectivity.
- Nebraska’s 79.9 factors per recreation would rank seventh in class historical past and is on tempo to be the Huskers’ highest single-season common since 1995-96 (80.2 ppg). Nebraska has averaged 80+ factors six occasions in class historical past, all coming in a seven-year span beneath Danny Nee.
- The Huskers scored 106 factors within the opener towards Mississippi Valley State. It was the Huskers’ highest complete since scoring 107 towards North Carolina A&T on Dec. 19, 2005.
- Nebraska opened the season with 4 straight video games scoring at least 80 factors, marking the primary time NU has completed that because the 1996 NIT.
- Nebraska scored 94 factors within the win over Creighton, its third-highest complete in 52 conferences within the collection.
- NU has already had seven gamers rating in double figures, together with six towards Southeastern Louisiana on Nov. 11, whereas 4 gamers – James Palmer Jr., Isaac Copeland Jr., Glynn Watson Jr. and Isaiah Roby – have recorded 20-point performances.
The fast begin is no surprise based mostly on what the Huskers introduced again from final yr’s group that went 22-11, as Nebraska introduced again its prime 4 scorers for the primary time in 15 years, together with three gamers who averaged double figures.
- Nebraska returned three double-figure scorers (James Palmer Jr., 17.2, Isaac Copeland Jr., 12.9 and Glynn Watson Jr., 10.5) for the primary time because the 1992-93 season (Eric Piatkowski, 14.Three; Derrick Chandler, 12.Three; Jamar Johnson, 11.2).
- Nebraska returned 73 % of its scoring and 72 % of its assists from final season. It marked the third time within the final 15 seasons that Nebraska returns at least 70 % of its scoring from the earlier yr.
DOING IT WITH DEFENSE
For Nebraska, the most important factor during the last two seasons – a stretch the place the Huskers are 33-15 – has been enhancements on the defensive finish.
Final season, NU went from 13th to sixth within the Huge Ten in subject aim proportion protection and from 14th to second in Three-point proportion protection. NU ranked within the top-75 nationally in each area aim protection (74th) and Three-point proportion protection (32nd) final season. That has continued in the course of the 2018-19 season, regardless of NU’s struggles on that finish prior to now two contests.
- Nebraska ranks within the top-25 nationally in scoring protection (61.Three ppg, 14th), subject objective protection (.386, 18th) and Three-point protection (.285, 18th). The Huskers additionally lead the Massive Ten in steals (Eight.5 spg) and are fourth in blocked photographs (Four.7 bpg).
- Just one opponent has shot over 50 % towards Nebraska within the final 40 video games courting again to final season. In 2018-19, NU has held 14 of its 15 opponents underneath 50 % capturing.
- NU restricted 9 of its 15 opponents to underneath Zero.85 factors per possession. Mississippi Valley State and Southeastern Louisiana have been held to Zero.47 factors per possession, the bottom quantity in Tim Miles’ seven years at NU. On the season, the Huskers are 49th in Kenpom’s adjusted protection via Jan. 7.
- The Huskers have held six opponents to their lowest offensive complete of the season.
- Beneath Miles, the Huskers are 49-5 (.907) when holding opponents beneath 60 factors.
NEW NUMBER, SAME GAME FOR PALMER
Whereas senior guard James Palmer Jr. switched from No. 24 to No. Zero within the offseason, the All-American candidate continues to supply at a excessive degree. The 6-foot-6 guard is averaging 20.1 factors, Three.9 rebounds, Three.Zero assists and 1.5 steals per recreation.
- He’s among the many Huge Ten leaders in scoring (second), steals (fourth), free throw proportion (.810, 10th) and Three-pointers per recreation (2.1, 11th), whereas he’s additionally second on NU in assists.
- Palmer is difficult to be the primary Husker to common 20.Zero ppg since Tyronn Lue averaged 21.2 ppg in 1997-98. Solely six Husker gamers have ever averaged 20.Zero in a season.
- Palmer has proven the power to get to the free throw line, as he ranks within the top-10 nationally in each free throws (98, eighth) and makes an attempt (121, ninth), whereas capturing a profession greatest 81.Zero % from the foul line. Getting into this yr, Palmer was a profession 72 % shooter.
- He’s the one energy convention participant, and one among simply 14 gamers nationally to get to the road at least 100 occasions and shoot 80 % from the foul line as of Jan. 7.
- His Husker profession scoring common of 18.1 factors per recreation is eighth amongst all energy convention gamers spanning the final two seasons. The Massive Ten options three of the highest eight with Purdue’s Carsen Edwards and Wisconsin’s Ethan Happ.
- Palmer has reached double figures in 45 of 48 profession video games at Nebraska, together with 16 20-point efforts and a pair of 30-point performances.
- Since Dec. 1, Palmer is averaging 22.Three factors and three.5 assists per recreation whereas capturing 45 % from Three-point vary.
- Palmer led NU with 26 factors at Maryland whereas including seven rebounds, 4 assists and a career-high 5 steals.
- Palmer shouldered the scoring load within the win over Oklahoma State with a game-high 29 factors, together with 14-of-15 capturing from the foul line.
- Palmer loved among the best performances of his profession, scoring 30 factors towards Creighton. The trouble included a career-high six Three-pointers. With that efficiency towards the Bluejays, he turned simply the 16th participant in class historical past to document a number of 30-point video games.
- He turned in a robust efficiency within the Huskers’ win at Clemson, scoring 14 of his 20 factors within the second half and in addition snaring a career-high 9 rebounds.
- Completed with 29 factors towards Seton Corridor, the third-highest scoring night time in his profession, as he scored 18 of his factors within the second half.
Final season, Palmer averaged 17.2 factors, Four.Four rebounds and three.Zero assists per recreation in main the Huskers to a 22-11 document and an NIT berth. Palmer reached double figures in 31 of 33 video games in his first season at Nebraska, together with eight 20-point efforts. Palmer’s junior yr was highlighted by a career-high 34-point effort at Ohio State. Palmer joins Purdue’s Carsen Edwards as returning first-team All-Massive Ten choices by the convention coaches.
- Palmer averaged 18.Eight factors per recreation in Massive Ten play final yr, which is the very best common in convention play since Aleks Maric averaged 18.9 ppg in 2006-07. Additionally it is probably the most by a returning Massive Ten participant since Tim Frazier in 2012-13.
WATSON KEYS HUSKER ATTACK
Senior Glynn Watson Jr. is in his fourth yr as Nebraska’s beginning guard and is placing collectively his greatest season as a Husker. He comes into the Penn State recreation averaging 13.Zero factors per recreation on 46 % capturing, together with 41 % from Three-point vary. He’s additionally averaging profession bests in assists (Four.1 apg), rebounds (Four.1 rpg) and assist-to-turnover ratio (Three.1-to-1).
- His assist-to-turnover ratio of three.10-to-1 this season is on tempo to interrupt the varsity report of three.04-to-1 by Brian Carr in 1985-86.
- Watson has been in double figures in 12 of 15 contests, together with his first profession double-double with 10 factors and 10 assists within the win over Cal State Fullerton.
- His on-ball protection has been instrumental in Nebraska rating among the many nationwide leaders in subject objective and scoring protection.
- He guided the Husker assault within the win over Creighton with 13 factors, 5 assists and a season-high three steals, whereas holding Creighton’s Ty-Shon Alexander to only 2-of-10 capturing.
- Watson led NU with 20 factors and a career-high 9 boards towards Western Illinois.
- He confirmed his playmaking means by dispensing eight assists and totaling 14 factors within the win over Seton Corridor.
- Watson has a profession 2.19-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio and has extra steals (157) than turnovers (151) in his profession.
- His older brother Demetri McCamey was an All-Huge Ten guard at Illinois through the 2009-10 season.
- Watson is one in every of three alumni of St. Joseph to succeed in 1,000 factors at Nebraska, becoming a member of Carl Hayes (1,136, 1990-92) and Clifford Scales (1,136, 1988-91). All three performed for legendary highschool coach Gene Pingatore, who’s in his 50th yr as coach at St. Joseph and has gained over 1,000 video games at the varsity.
ISAAC MAKES IT TOUGH FOR OPPONENTS TO COPE
Isaac Copeland Jr. is again to take advantage of his senior yr. The 6-foot-9 ahead joined this system in January of 2017, however then was unable to follow due to a herniated disc that ultimately required surgical procedure.
Regardless of not with the ability to apply till faculty began, Copeland completed second on the workforce in scoring (12.9 ppg), rebounding (6.1 rpg) and blocked photographs (1.Zero bpg) in his first yr at NU, setting private bests in all three areas and incomes honorable-mention All-Huge Ten honors.
Copeland has improved lots of his numbers in 2018-19, as he averages 14.7 factors and 5.5 rebounds per recreation whereas capturing 54 % from the sector.
- Copeland has reached double figures 13 occasions in 15 video games, together with a trio of 20-point efforts. He noticed his streak of seven straight double-figure video games – the longest of his profession – snapped together with his eight-point effort at Maryland.
- He led Nebraka with a season-high 24-point effort at Iowa whereas including six rebounds, two steals and two assists.
- Copeland had 16 factors, 5 rebounds and a pair of assists within the win over Oklahoma State, keying the Huskers’ comeback within the first half with 5 straight factors as a part of an 11-2 run.
- He topped NU in factors (17) and rebounds (seven) at Minnesota, together with hitting Three-of-5 from Three-point vary.
- The senior carried NU to a win at Clemson with 16 factors, six boards and three assists whereas his largest play was a blocked shot which led to James Palmer’s dunk after Clemson closed to inside 5.
- He earned a spot on the Corridor of Fame Basic All-Event Group, averaging 21.5 factors per recreation on 61 % capturing, 7.5 blocks and three.Zero assists per recreation. He was in double figures in each contests, together with 23 factors towards Missouri State and 20 factors and eight boards towards Texas Tech.
- Copeland collected his fifth profession double-double in Nebraska’s win over Seton Corridor with 18 factors and 10 rebounds. He had one throughout his redshirt yr at Georgetown (2016-17) and three in 2017-18.
- He has 11 profession 20-point video games (7 at Nebraska, Four at Georgetown), together with a pair of 30-point video games. Copeland had 30 factors on 12-of-14 capturing towards North Dakota final yr and a career-high 32-point night time towards Marquette throughout his sophomore yr at Georgetown.
- A top-20 recruit popping out of highschool, his 2014 Brewster Academy workforce additionally featured Donovan Mitchell (Utah), Devonte’ Graham (Charlotte) and Jonah Bolden (Philadelphia).
- Copeland earned his undergraduate diploma in sociology final Might and is engaged on his Grasp’s Diploma. He comes from a basketball household, as his father (Ike) performed collegiately at East Carolina. As a senior, he helped East Carolina make the NCAA Event.
ROBY FILLS STAT SHEET
Isaiah Roby compliments the Husker assault with a singular talent set. The 6-foot-Eight junior comes into the Penn State recreation averaging 10.6 factors, 6.Three rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.5 blocks and 1.Four steals per recreation.
Roby leads the Huskers in blocked photographs and rebounding and one in every of solely two Huge Ten gamers ranked within the prime 10 within the convention in each blocked photographs and steals. As well as, he’s certainly one of solely 12 gamers nationally and 5 in energy conferences averaging 1.Three blocks and 1.Three steals per recreation.
- Roby has performed a few of his greatest basketball in current video games, averaging 13.Eight factors, 7.2 rebounds and a couple of.Zero blocks per recreation over his final 5 contests.
- He comes off a strong efficiency towards Iowa, ending with 17 factors on Eight-of-10 capturing and a season-high 9 rebounds regardless of foul hassle.
- Roby returned to motion after lacking the Southwest Minnesota recreation with an damage. He completed with 11 factors, seven rebounds and two blocked photographs towards the Terrapins.
- He scored a career-high 20 factors towards Cal State Fullerton. Roby topped his earlier better of 18 factors set as a sophomore at Minnesota, whereas additionally topping the Huskers with eight rebounds and two blocked photographs.
- Roby put collectively his most full recreation within the win over Creighton, setting season highs in factors (15), rebounds (eight) and assists (4) together with a pair of blocks towards the Bluejays.
- His dunk towards Seton Corridor on Nov. 14 marked the fourth time he’s had a top-10 play on SportsCenter at NU, together with spotlight dunks vs. Rutgers (2018) and at Indiana (2016).
- Nebraska is 22-Eight since shifting Roby into the beginning lineup halfway by way of Huge Ten play final season. Roby has all 4 of his profession double-doubles in that stretch.
- Roby is one in every of solely two returning energy convention gamers to complete 50 blocks and 50 assists final season, becoming a member of Missouri’s Jontay Porter, who will miss the 2018-19 season with a torn ACL. Roby can also be one among 4 Huskers to have 50 blocks and 50 assists in a season, becoming a member of Aleks Maric, Venson Hamilton and Wealthy King.
THE A TEAM: ALLEN AND AKENTEN
One of many largest questions getting into the season was who would emerge because the Huskers’ fifth starter. Sophomores Thomas Allen and Nana Akenten have shared the duties and offered the Huskers with an offensive punch.
- Allen has began a lot of the season and is averaging Eight.7 factors per recreation on 49 % capturing, together with 39 % from Three-point vary, whereas chipping in 2.Three rebounds, 2.Three assists and 1.6 steals per recreation. He has been in double figures 5 occasions, together with 4 of the final six contests.
- Allen is third within the Massive Ten in steals per video games and is second on the workforce in assist-to-turnover ratio (Three.09-to-1).
- He has been enjoying nicely during the last seven contests, averaging 10.6 factors per recreation on 55 % capturing together with 2.Three assists per recreation. He additionally has a Three.60-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio in that stretch.
- Allen had a career-high 18 factors, 5 assists and 4 rebounds towards Creighton and had 14 factors on 5-of-7 capturing towards Oklahoma State after lacking a lot of the week with an sickness.
- Akenten has began twice and is averaging 5.Eight factors per recreation on 41 % capturing. He’s capturing almost 40 % from Three-point vary and has given the Huskers a pair of double-figure efforts.
- He had a career-high 18 factors off the bench towards Mississippi Valley State, together with 5 Three-pointers, in simply 13 minutes. He additionally had 11 factors within the win over Missouri State and 9 factors in a begin towards Cal State Fullerton.
FILLING UP PINNACLE BANK ARENA
Pinnacle Financial institution Area might be full as soon as once more in 2018-19, because the NU Athletic Ticket Workplace introduced on September 25 that basic public season tickets have been bought out for the 2018-19 season. In all, almost 15,000 season tickets have been bought for the 2018-19 season, together with the Pink Zone scholar part.
Since shifting into PBA in 2013-14, the Huskers have ranked within the top-15 in attendance nationally all 5 years, and are certainly one of solely 9 faculties within the nation to common 15,000+ followers per contest in that span.
(perform(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&appId=685417041551983&version=v2.0”;
(doc, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));(perform(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.5&appId=1385286605133994”;
(doc, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));